Last updated: November 11, 2020
This section defines certain terms that are used throughout this policy.
For the purposes of this policy:
- Service or Doxy.me Service refers to the doxy.me software product accessible from the Website.
- Website refers to the Service accessible from https://doxy.me
- You means the individual accessing or using the Doxy.me Service or visiting the Website; or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service or visiting the Website.
- Doxy.me (referred to “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this policy) refers to Doxy.me Inc., 3445 Winton Pl, Ste 120, Rochester, NY 14623.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Cookie or Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing (among other things) the details of Your browsing history and/or connection information when using the Service.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- User is someone accessing the Website as a guest or an authorized user.
- Identifier means any technology – including Cookies – that allows for the storing of information, or the accessing of already-stored information, on the User’s device.
Cookies and other Identifiers consist of portions of code placed on the User’s device that assist the Doxy.me in providing the Service according to the purposes described. Please be aware that some Cookies are required to use the Doxy.me Service; some are useful but not mandatory to measure and improve performance; and some are used for advertising or marketing activities that customize information based on your interests.
Some of the purposes for which Identifiers are used may also require the User’s consent. Whenever consent is given, it may be freely withdrawn at any time following the instructions provided in this document.
Activities strictly necessary for the operation of Doxy.me and delivery of the Service
For more information regarding which third-parties are used on the Website, please visit https://doxy.me/en/sub-processor-list/.
Traffic optimization and distribution
This type of service allows doxy.me to distribute content using servers located across different countries and to optimize their performance. Any and all data (including code) may be sent using this common methodology.
Considering the widespread distribution of this system, it is difficult to determine the locations where contents may be transferred.
Displaying content from external platforms
This type of service allows you to view content hosted on external platforms directly from the pages of Doxy.me and interact with them.
This type of service might still collect web traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
The services contained in this section enable Us to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to understand User behavior.
Analytics services managed directly by doxy.me
Anonymized analytics services
Content performance and features testing (A/B testing)
These services allow Us to track and analyze the User response concerning web traffic or behavior regarding changes to the structure, text or any other component of the Service.
Targeting & Advertising
In some cases, User Data to be utilized for advertising communication purposes. These communications are displayed in the form of banners and other advertisements on doxy.me, possibly based on User interests.
This does not mean that all Personal Data are used for this purpose. Information and conditions of use are shown below.
In addition to any opt-out feature offered by any of the services below, Users may opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Users may also opt-out of certain advertising features through applicable device settings, such as the device advertising settings for mobile phones or ads settings in general.
This type of service allows the Us to display advertisements for third-party products or services. Ads can be displayed either as advertising links or as banners using various kinds of graphics.
How to provide or withdraw consent
Additionally, Users can manage preferences regarding Identifiers directly from within their own device settings and prevent – for example – the storing of third-party Identifiers. It is also possible, via relevant browser or device features, to delete previously stored Identifiers, including those used to remember the User’s initial consent. Users can, for example, find information about how to manage Identifiers in the most commonly used browsers at the following addresses: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Microsoft Edge.
Notwithstanding the above, Users are hereby informed that they may follow the instructions provided by YourOnlineChoices (EU), the Network Advertising Initiative (US) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (US), DAAC (Canada), DDAI (Japan) or other similar services. Such initiatives allow Users to select their tracking preferences for most of the advertising tools. We thus recommend that Users make use of these resources in addition to the information provided in this policy.
Owner and Data Controller
3445 Winton Pl
Rochester, NY 14623
Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Since the storing of third-party Cookies and other Identifiers through the services used within doxy.me cannot be technically controlled by Us, any specific references to Identifiers stored by third parties are to be considered indicative. In order to obtain complete information, the User is kindly requested to consult the privacy policies of the respective third-party services listed in this document.
Given the objective complexity surrounding technologies related to Cookies and other Identifiers, Users are encouraged to contact Us should they wish to receive any further information on the use of such Identifiers by Doxy.me.